Data Controller: Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever
Registered address: Fisher Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 4RQ
Registered Charity No: 1148905
Company No: 8126468
Data Protection Officer: Catherine Sama
Contact: [email protected]
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever collects and processes personal data relating to its service users to effectively support and safeguard service users and others, to monitor the impact of the services provided and inform our approach in providing best practice services. Kingsmeadow@Made Forever is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information does Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever collect?
Kingsmeadow @ Made Forever collects and processes a range of personal information about its service users. This includes:
- name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number, date of birth;
- information about marital status, next of kin, dependants and emergency contacts;
- equal opportunities monitoring information including information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation and religion or belief;
- National Insurance Numbers and information relating to DWP benefit claims/entitlements;
- The current and historical support needs/presenting needs of service users;
- The current and historical risks associated to service users (risks to them, the environment and others), sometimes including information of criminal convictions, details relating to medical needs and medication prescribed;
- Information on other agencies, organisations, services and professionals involved with service users;
- Information regarding our interactions with service users in the Drop-in space, on the Outreach work, during Casework interactions and observations;
- Information relating to other people who have relationships with service users (e.g. children, partners, family members, friends, and others).
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be collected through assessment forms, from correspondence with service users, meetings, phone calls or other interactions.
In some cases, Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as information from other agencies and services, information from external databases, and information from members of the public.
In the case that Kingsmeadow @ Made Forever is working holding or processing sensitive personal data, it does so as a social protection organisation, as defined under EC Regulation No 458/2007.
Why does Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever process personal data?
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever needs to process data in order to effectively support and safeguard individuals who access the services and sometimes to safeguard others (who may be associated with service users or who may be a risk to or from service users). We also need to process data to be able to monitor the impact of the services we provide and to understand the lives and journeys of the service users we support.
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever has a legitimate interest in processing personal data before, during and after the end of the service user relationship. Processing service user data allows Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever to:
- Make contact with service users who may wish to/need to access Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever services;
- Input information about service users on to Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever’s database, to enable the front line team to have access to this information in order to support and safeguard service users; create advice and guidance for staff and volunteers to effectively support and safeguard Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever’s service users; respond appropriately to concerns around Safeguarding of Adults at Risk or Child Protection; analyse service user data to understand the lives and journeys of the service user group and use this to inform service delivery;
- Risk assess the suitability to support service users and mitigate any identified risks;
- Make contact with people associated with the service user in case of emergencies (where appropriate to do so);
- Monitor equalities and the protected characteristics of service users, to ensure that a service is provided fairly to all groups and individuals;
- To tailor support to meet the required needs of individuals.
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever gains consent from service users to process personal data with external organisations and services to prevent, manage, and overcome situations that adversely affect people’s well being. Processing service user data with the consent of the service user allows Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever to:
- Liaise with other agencies, services and organisations who may also be supporting and/or safeguarding Kingsmeadow @ Made Forever service users;
- Refer Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever service users to other services and organisations.
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever has a legal obligation to process service users personal data when it is necessary to comply with the law. This allows Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever to:
- Respond appropriately to concerns around vital interests and public protection, including Safeguarding cases.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with staff, Trustees and volunteers, in order to achieve the stated processing.
If you provide your consent, we share data with partner organisations who provide services such as hospitals, the Police, the Local Authority, drug and alcohol services, accommodation providers, DWP, mental health services, prisons, etc. in order to prevent, manage, and overcome situations that adversely affect people’s well being.
It is possible your data may be transferred or stored across borders. Personal data will only be transferred out of the UK or to countries which are considered adequate under the EU Data Protection Directive, in the case the organisation subscribes to a certification scheme (e.g. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework), or under under contract, subject to EU model contract clauses for personal data transfer.
How does Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever protect data?
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever takes the security of your data seriously. Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties. Only trained staff and volunteers have access to Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever Service User database.
For how long does Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever keep data?
Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever will hold service user’s personal data for a maximum of 20 years, or until it is no longer relevant (whichever is the sooner).
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you believe that Kingsmeadow @ MadeForever has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
We do not perform automated decision making on Service Users.
For more information on your rights please refer to the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/